Tuesday 16 April 2013

OPI AW13 San Francisco Collection Launch


Finally, the sun is shining on the capital!!
And what better way to spend a sunny morning than listening to the Mamas and Papas cult hit 'California Dreamin' and imagining that you are cruising around San Fran, in a convertible around the late 1960's. The flares however are definitely optional. 

Well, that is exactly how I have spent my day so far-
With a gorgeous manicure, endless coffee and gossip all thrown in for good measure.

Cult nail brand OPI, today held their AW press launch of the fabulous San Francisco collection at the quirky Hotel Soho. Hidden off a bustling Oxford St, Hotel Soho looks quite traditional (and dare I say, bland?!) from the outside- but once you have stepped inside the polished foyer and made your way to the selection of conference rooms available, I can assure you, your opinion will change!

The OPI took over the Crimson room, which is decorated with sumptuous fabrics, Moroccan inspired prints and rich colours. If I could move in here, I'd be unpacked by the time you can say 'Home Sweet Home'

After a quick chat with my fellow OPI QVC presenters Lisa and Julie, and a catch up with colleagues Siobhain and Nicky, it was time for a pamper! 

Now, I'm a girl who cannot make decisions, how I manage to decide what to wear each day is beyond me. So, it's a good job nail tech Anita was on hand to guide me through the options!


 
After much deliberation we decided I should bravely move away from my favourite red and purple tones and try something new- in the shape of the multi-tonal 'Peace, Love and OPI' and a flash of liquid sand 'Alcatraz Rocks' on my ring finger. 

If you haven't tried it yet, Liquid Sand creates a textured, matte finish infused with reflective sparkle. A must buy-especially when you want to out-mani your friends or foes!

The San Francisco collection contains 12 traditional lacquer's and 3 Liquid Sand shades.
Ranging from moody greys to rich rubies, elegant blues to a rich nude, this autumn there is something for us all. Continuing the on trend 60s/70s vibe provided my the playlist, the collection was beautifully displayed amongst beds of daisy's and surrounded by striking black and white scenes of San Fran during the hippy era.



 


 
 

The advertising imagery created for this collection is simply beautiful too- tousled hair, soft make up and creamy skin compliment the strong nail shades perfectly.Definitely a look I hope to see more of!



 

The inspirational Lena White, managing director of Lena White LTD, 
the UK distributor of OPI said of the collection-
 "San Francisco offers a European flair with distinct West Coast attributes. These elements inspired a collection of urban chic nail lacquers, thanks to the sophisticated combination of high fashion and eclectic street style"



So, as a morning of listening to the familiar tones of Sonny, Cher and Donovan draws to a close, there is just time for a quick chat with QVC presenter Will Gowing before making my way back to the reality of 2013. I think a little trip to Topshop is in order- well flares are back in style this season aren't they?!


No comments:

Post a Comment