Wednesday 16 October 2013

Brazil by OPI

Yesterday not only saw the launch of OPI's collaboration with Gwen Stefani, but they launched their Spring Summer 2014 collection too. The main room was decorated with sea blue and vivid orange chairs, alongisde walls adorned with images of an idyllic beach scene, definitely giving us all a taste of the collection to come.

Artistic director Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, described the collection as-

With sun-soaked shores, tropical fruits, and lush flora/fauna, Brazil is such an inspiring locale. I wanted women around the world to embrace the energy and playfulness for which Brazilian women are known. Through the Brazil collectionwith shades drenched in color and charged with shine, women can express themselves, showing off their sexy, mysterious, fun and exciting natures."

Well, if I feel even a tad like a bronzed Brazilian goddess whilst wearing these colours I will be ecstatic. 
My Brazilian manicure thanks to OPI!

Available to purchase from February, the collection features 12 lacquers and 4 liquid sand textured mini lacquers, in a variety of bold, bright and muted earth tones.

Brazil Collection at the mani stations
OPI Treatments at the mani stations




















I'm planning on easing myself out of the bleak mid-winter and into Spring gently by focusing on my absolute favourite first- AmazON…AmazOFF, a deep jungle green. I wish this colour was available NOW! (patience isn't my strong point, but it will be well worth the wait!) 
Then there is the rich chocolate, OPI Scores a Goal!, mocha toned I São Paulo Over There and Taupe-less Beach, a beautiful soft taupe, which I plan of wearing together, as the tones compliment each other perfectly. 

Before we jump straight into the summer brights, we can embrace the super shimmery amethyst-pewter tone of Next Stop…The Bikini Zone which looks stunning on the ring finger, worn alongside creamy nude Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around. I can definitely sense a bridal favourite approaching- these two would make such a pretty manicure for the big day ladies! 

Now, it's time to soak up the rays (or apply the self tan!) and enhance our Brazilian glow with 6 bold brights and 4 vivid liquid sands.

For a fun and creative mani-pedi try wearing a variety of shades- I'll be wearing sunny yellow I Just Can’t Cope-acabana, teamed with soft orange Where Did Suzi’s Man-go? and deep blood orange
Toucan Do It If You Try. If you prefer pink tones however, try vibrant coral Live.Love.Carnaval 
with warm pink Kiss Me I’m Brazilian and ruby red Red Hot Rio.

Brazil Collection
Fancy being super creative an adding a fourth or fifth colour to your bold, bright mani? Then try a one of the four mini Liquid Sand lacquers. These shades are GORGEOUS. I have always been a big fan of this matte texture, which is shot through with dazzling sparkle, but theses shades are unbelievable. Available as a holiday sized set, I can see these selling out pretty quickly indeed!

The four shades are- the violet Samba-dy Loves Purple , hot fuchsia pink  I’m Brazil Nuts Over You, bright blue What’s a Little Rain Forest?  And golden yellow You’re So Flippy Floppy
Remember, with liquid sand lacquers, you DON'T need a top coat!


Two great colour collections, all in OPI's famous chip resistant, salon professional formula with the easy to use Pro-wide brush. Yes, next season ladies I think we will all get a little mani-happy!



.

No comments:

Post a Comment